Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Act II

Happenings.
To say the least, there's been a ton.
I've been hiding a lot of audio and visual I'll briefly dive into,
which I'm hoping will stimulate like it does me.
Keep in touch while things change around here - constructive criticism from viewers is an absolute plus.

Look. Listen. Enjoy.


+ MUSIC +


As a whole, I haven't heard anything like Mumford & Sons' Sigh No More in quite some time - pure quality. Theses blokes from across the pond went under the american radar in 2009 and have hit the latter part of this year with a ferocity displayed in the frontman's raw voice.

Q_list : lil wayne - wayne on me, mumford & sons - sigh no more, thirty seconds to mars - vox popoli, kings of leon - pyro, notorious b.i.g. vs the xx - one more chance for a heart to skip a beat, jimmy eat world - the heart is hard to find, rick ross - blow (chopped and screwed), anberlin - to the wolves, the temper trap - sweet disposition.

A little more on the Quick_list: the Temper Trap has reached my ears through a couple songs via radio and they haven't gotten out of my head, so I'm eagerly awaiting a first listen to their album ... 30stm hits Rochester on the 2nd of February next year ... and Lil Wayne's No Ceilings mixtape is another gem from 09, almost paralleling Mumford.

+ ART +

Album art. That's become my next focus. Always intrigued by them, I find the idea a titillating combination of two powerful creative outlets. [For the imaginative out there, shoot me some fake band ideas for practice work!]

Loads going on at the freelance front: tees. portraits. & more. Pros: portfolio building. Cons: my head works faster than my hands.

I need a weekend back at MoMA / nyc - Inspiration runs thick there.















+LIFE+

Autumn test matches have begun in the International rugby world, with some absolute class being shown amongst all premier teams and highlighted below. Locally, the Rochester Aardvarks bid farewell to a spring playoff bid after failing to advance from the Final 6, losing to Grand Rapids in Michigan at the Midwest quarter finals. Work rate and endurance were at a personal high during the season as I struggled to find the peak form of last season, almost pulling off a little tiddy similar to this epic 8-man try.

The Other Guys and Eastbound and Down sit high atop my most recent (limited) entertainment rankings, just a ledge up from Call of Duty: Black Ops. Kenny Powers spits out more one-liners than I can even begin to memorize, while Ferrel and Marky Mark spit retarded-ness in a flick where a lot of the humor is found out of focus.

The Holidays are right around the corner. Enjoy friends and family. Watch football. Catch rugby if you can...



Spread your minds.

mbj



"Love it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you / It will set you free."

No comments:

Post a Comment